There are some garments that us women should never be without. Those hardy staples that we can turn to in our moments of need, so we are not sent into paroxysms of fear that we have nothing to wear. Every woman’s wardrobe should contain the following:
- Ballet flats – if they were good enough for Audrey Hepburn then by gosh we need them too. They offer the best of both world, chic and comfortable. They can be worn with just about any smart or casual look, with jeans or a cocktail dress. Great for those of us who regard stylish comfort as preferable to tottering around in agony.
- Slip-on canvas shoes – this have become all the rage recently and it’s clear to see why. They are comfy, cool and so easy to wear. For warmer weather, they are more breathable than trainers, and can be paired up with just about any outfit to leave you and your feet feeling super cool.
- A comfortable bra – we can have all manner of bras for different occasions but every girl needs a bra that supports in the right places, is soft, easy to wear and gives you a fabulous shape under any outfit. This might be your work bra or your weekend bra but it’s your fave because it feels like putting on slippers! Take a look at the Prima Donna Deauville White Bra at http://www.orchidlingerie.co.uk/white-prima-donna-deauville-full-cup-bra.
- Dark Denim – dark denim makes a great silhouette and are much more slimming and flattering than lighter denim. They also look smarter and so are easier to use for a whole variety of occasions, both semi-formal and casual. Dress up or down, they are versatile and stylish.
- Classic White Tee – what could be more versatile (aside from denim) than a perfectly plain, white tee-shirt? Can be worn with anything and everything. Under a jumper or a tank top, tucked into trousers or hanging loose over denim, you get the picture – this is a must have item.
- Little Black Dress – No girl’s wardrobe is complete without the LBD. This is as much of a fashion essential as denim and the classic white tee-shirt. The Little Black Dress is the perfect canvas for accessorizing as it can be dressed up for a glitzy night out or worn plain on it’s own for a Sunday stroll along the canals – you name it, the dress is up for it! An absolute essential, fit for work, occasionwear, days out, interviews, funerals, parties – you get the general idea.
- Heels – these don’t have to be super high, stilettos but every lady needs a pair of classic, stylish heels. Yes we love flats but sometimes only a pair of killer heels will suffice. One pair in a neutral colour like grey or black is necessary and can be transformed from office hours smart to cocktail bar sexy chic with absolute ease. A truly versatile shoe.