If you have been asked to design or redesign a website for your business or the company you work for then you might not know where to begin. If you have enlisted the help of a professional website design company then they will have asked for a brief which involves detailing everything that you want your new website to be. For web design in Devon, visit http://vuonline.co.uk/web-design/. Here are some important points to include when writing a brief:
- An Introduction – the company need to know about your business so they can get a feel for what kind of design would suit your needs best. Include a couple of paragraphs about the products you sell or the services you provide. The size of the company and whether you are an international operation or not is also good to know. Explain how long you’ve been established and try to describe your business in a few great adjectives.
- Show them your old website – decide what works well with the old one and what needs to be changed. How long has it been active and how much traffic does it currently receive. Where are your visitors from and what are top browsers that are visiting your site. Who is responsible for the site and how often do you get a genuine sales lead from it?
- Decide what you need from the new site – outline your aims and decide who your target audience will be. Work out how your target audience will be accessing your site, via phone, tablet or desktop. Is the new site part of a product launch or a rebranding?
- Determine what industry you will be aiming the website at and research what your competitors are up to.
- Outline your budget so you can get an accurate quote for the work and find out if there will be ongoing support and maintenance for the site. Does anyone in your company have the skills and expertise to regularly audit your site and if so, what happens if that staff member leaves? It may be easier to ask the web design company to provide such assistance.
- Have a look at and note down some websites that you like the look to help give your designer an idea of the kind of thing you are looking for.
- Resist the urge to rehash the old content on your old site as this is clearly not working as it should and you need something fresher.